In order to share your knowledge with your colleagues within the company, it is always a good idea to create your own wiki pages. This wiki serves as a separate, internal encyclopedia for all xentral users in a company.
The relevant people can access this wiki via Home → Intranet → Wiki:
Creating a new workspace in Wiki
First, navigate to the "Wiki" module via Home → Intranet → Wiki. Then proceed as follows to create a new workspace:
- Click "+NEW" on the workspace page:
Activate the new workspace by checking the "Activate" box, finally click "OK":
Enter the following information:
- Description → Enter the description of the workspace.
- Active → Check the box to activate the workspace
- Save in → Select the location from the drop-down menu
Then click on "OK".
If your page looks like this when you go to the wiki, click on the "gear" icon to navigate to the workspace overview:
- Use the middle icon in the menu column to edit the entry:
You may need to disable the xentral manual by unchecking the "Active" box before editing your own workspace.
- You can then view all posts in the overview and edit them using the "arrow" icon in the menu column:
- Select the corresponding manual from the drop-down menu at "Workspace" and edit it again via the "Pencil" icon:
- Enter your individual text in the empty field. You can adjust this individually according to font, format, etc.:
Wiki on the homepage
In order to have the wiki available at all times, you have the option to save it as a favorite on the homepage.
To do so, click on the "gear" icon in the "Favorites" field:
This opens an overview containing the favorites you have created so far:
The enter the following information:
- Name → Enter the name you have chosen
- Link → Then enter the following link:
- No new tab → If you check this box, clicking on the wiki will not open a new tab
Finally, click on "Save".
As a result, you will receive a "wiki" button in your "Favorites" field as well as a direct link to your previously created wiki pages.