Table of contents
The differential taxation comes into play when trading with used articles, to prevent the full sales tax from being charged again when the item is resold. Only the difference between the purchase price and the sales price is taxed. The subject is among other things very important for accounting in the used goods trade.
In Xentral, there is a module for differential taxation called Differential taxation. (Administration → Settings → Accounting → Differential taxation).
When you open the module, you first get to the overview. Here you can see all received items, for which a differential taxation is applied. If the items have already been shipped, an outgoing date is indicated in addition to the date of receipt.
For clear assignment, it is essential that each item has its own serial number. When the article leaves the warehouse again, this overview shows document numbers for invoices and, if applicable, for returns & credit note.
In the tab Settings you enter all important settings for the differential taxation.
In Xentral, for differential taxation, the sales item is split into 2 revenue accounts. In addition, 2 items are created in the background for the differential taxation but it should be noted that the customer himself will of course only see the normal article.
- Revenue account 1: part 1 of the sales item
- Article for difference: The created article for difference taxation from revenue 1
- Revenue account 2: part 2 of the sales item
- Article for difference: The created article for difference taxation from proceeds 2
- Item field for goods receipt: In the dropdown list you can select different fields. If an article has the respective field, then it comes for differential taxation in the app
- Legal tax notice template: Text field for a legal tax notice. Note (there must be a differential taxation indicator on the invoice) )
- Enter used items in the warehouse: Used items are posted to this warehouse in the goods receipt for differential taxation. An item is placed in this warehouse, there is a new entry in the overview tab.
The marked entries are an item that was sold and returned. returned.
Under the specified invoice number in the tab Items in the Invoice module you will find the items created for the differential taxation.
The first and second entries cancel each other out, these are only needed for the creation of the PDF. The third and fourth entries are the "Articles for difference", as they are described in the settings. In the Preview tab you will find the invoice view of the customer. The items 2, 3 and 4 are hidden here.