Table of contents
You select the "Other" shipping method if you do not use any other shipping method. This is because xentral always requires a shipping method and the "Other" shipping method serves as a dummy shipping method for the software.
A general overview of the shipping methods and package labels you can use in xentral can be found here.
The shipping type Other offers you:
- Use as dummy shipping type
Settings in xentral
To be able to use the shipping type "Other" in xentral, you have to create it first. To do so, navigate to the interface via Administration → Settings → Shipping types → "+NEW" → Other and enter individual settings.
These could look like this, for example:
Fill in the following fields:
- Designation → Freely select a designation for the shipping method. This will be displayed in xentral, among others, in the order for selection in the drop-down menu.
- Type → Enter the type/field description. You can generally choose this as long as it is not necessary for the store mapping or other mappings. Ideally, you should keep the default setting.
- Module → Select "Other" from the drop-down menu.
- Project → Optionally select a project, provided that a separate miscellaneous. shipping type is created for each project.
- Active → Check the box to activate the shipping method and make it visible and usable.
- No postage check → By checking this box, no postage check is performed in the order.
- Printer parcel label → Select from the drop-down menu the default printer that prints the parcel labels.
- Printer Export → Select from the drop-down menu the default printer that prints the export documents.
- Shipping Mail → From the drop-down menu, select the behavior of the shipping mail. "Default behavior" means that a standard tracking mail will be sent, "no shipping mail" means that no tracking mail will be sent for this shipping type and "custom text template" means that a custom shipping confirmation text template will be used for this shipping type, regardless of project and logistics process.
Finally click on "Save”