Table of Contents
- Connecting FedEx to xentral
- Setting up the shipping method in xentral
- Packet mark printing
In this article, you will find information about Fedex connection to xentral. In xentral, you can directly create and automatically print parcel labels in this shipping type. In addition, you can post orders to this shipping type and process them via logistics. Tracking information is stored in xentral and forwarded directly via FedEx to the customers.
For a general overview of the shipping methods and package labels you can use in xentral, you can find them here.
The following features are offered to you by the FedEx shipping method:
- Printing a demo label .
- Indication of the dimensions of your packages .
- Stating the package label format in inches .
Connecting FedEx to xentral
You can read about how the connection from FedEx to xentral works in this section.
Communication with the FedEx server works through the FedEx API, which you can find in the developer area of FedEx. To do this, you need to log in to https://www.fedex.com/en-us/developer.html and create an account. There you will receive
- Fedex Key
- Fedex Password
- Fedex Account number
- Fedex Meter number
For more information, please visit here.
When using the API, make sure that it <PaymentType>RECIPIENT</Paymen tType> in the API, on no account <PaymentType>SENDER</PaymentTy pe>.
Setting up the shipping method in xentral
Under Administration → Settings → Shipping Types → "+NEW" → Fedex, you add a new shipping method. Select the shipping method "FedEx API" from the offered list of modules and configure, for example, as follows:
Fill in the following fields:
- Designation → Freely choose a designation for the shipping method. This is displayed in xentral among other things in the order for selection in the drop-down menu.
- Type → Specify the type/field label. You can choose this, as long as it is not necessary for the store mapping or other Mappings is necessary. Ideally, you should keep the default setting
- Module → Select "Fedex API" from the drop-down menu
- Project → Optionally select a project, provided that for each Project a separate Fedex shipping type is created
- Active → By checking this box you activate the shipping type and make it visible and usable.
- No postage check → By checking this box, no postage check will be performed on the Order performed
- Printer parcel stamp → Select from the drop-down menu the default printer, which prints the parcel labels, from the drop-down menu
- Printer Export → Select from the drop-down menu the default printer which prints the export papers
- Dispatch mail → Select from the drop-down menu the behavior of the dispatch mail. "Default behavior" means that a standard tracking mail will be sent, "no shipping mail" means that no tracking mail will be sent with and "own text template" means that an own text template will be sent for this that an own text template for the shipping confirmation is used for this shipping type is used, regardless of the project and logistics process
- Sender Name → Enter the name of the sender.
- Sender contact person → Enter the contact person at the sender at
- Station Street → Enter the street of the station.
- Transmitter ZIP Code → Enter the ZIP code of the transmitter.
- Transmitter Location → Enter the location of the transmitter.
- Transmitter Country → Enter the two-digit ISO country abbreviation of the transmitter, e.g. DE for Germany and AT for Austria.
- Sender Email → Enter the email address of the sender.
- Sender Phone → Enter the phone number of the sender.
- Take over tracking → By ticking the tracking no. Is inserted into the field after the parcel tag is created and no longer needs to be scanned from the package tag
- Fedex Key → Enter your Fedex Authentication Key.
- Fedex Password → Enter your Fedex account password. This should have been previously sent to you by email
- Fedex Account number → Enter your Fedex Shipping Account number.
- Fedex Meter number → Enter your Fedex Web Services meter number
- Print Demo Label → By checking this box, you can print a Fedex Demo Print label
- Standard height → Specify the standard height of your packages in cm
- → Specify the standard height of your packages in cm;
- Default width → Specify the default width of your packages in cm
- Standard length → Specify the standard length of your packages in cm
- label_stock_type → Select from the drop-down menu the label Stock type, which specifies the format of the package label in inches
Parcel mark printing
Once you have made all the settings as described above, you can test the package mark printing in the shipping center or even in a single delivery bill. To do this, select in the delivery bill in the tab "Delivery bill" the shipping method "Fedex" from the drop-down menu:
Click the "Save" button before navigating to the package marker dialog.
Next, click on the "Package Mark" tab in the delivery bill and use "Print Package Mark" to print a package mark for the included items:
Note: Here you can choose the service type additionally, which influences the delivery of the packages. Choose INTERNATIONAL_ECONOMY or INTERNATIONAL_PRIORITY from the drop-down menu.
After your test print is complete, you can subsequently cancel the package stamp in the FedEx Business Customer Portal..