Please note: Depending on your country and on your selected xentral package, the availability of modules and features differs - thus, the features described in this article might not be part of the xentral product you are using.
Table of Contents
- Account import functions
- Possibilities of connecting a business account
- Create a business account
- Using business accounts in xentral
Through Business Accounts you can link accounts to xentral and link incoming payments to receipts.
Administration → Settings → Accounting → Business Accounts or Super Search. "Business Accounts"
Account import functions
Various functions of account import are explained in the following section.
Account import enables the following functions:
- Order traffic light → Paid icon for prepayment is set to green and thus released
- OPOS list in dunning → There is an automatic "paid" adjustment that takes place
- SEPA transfers and direct debit → The account import. is the prerequisite for the export of the XML file in the banking software
- Accounting export → Export of the linked payments in Accounting programs (eg Datev, Addison)
- Bank statement lines → Digital archive incl. search function overall bookings
In the following cases, you rather do not need the account import:
- The number of orders/invoices per day is small enough to confirm payment manually (up to 10 orders)
- The bank statements cannot be obtained as a CSV file/automatic reconciliation and the creation by hand requires too much time
Even for small companies, the import of bank statements can make perfect sense and always when:
- Manual assignment and verification of payments takes more time than a daily account import (about 5-10 minutes for 5 accounts depending on the quantity of the bookings)
- Customers frequently inquire by phone/mail and immediately be looked up should be when the customer has paid how and whether his order was shipped
Possibilities of connecting a business account
You have two different options for connecting a business account. These are
- CSV Import
- API interface (automatic)
If there is no automatic connection to the business account, there is still in the vast majority of cases a CSV export.
Proceed as follows at the CSV import:
- Perform the CSV export from the appropriate business account portal
- Import the CSV file into the previously configured business account in xentral
- Link the payments in xentral
A direct connection makes your import of payments more convenient.
Here you can with one click or completely automatically via background process the payments.
Among other things, API interfaces to these accounts are available to you:
- Bank accounts: HBCI4PHP
- Paypal: Paypal API
- Shopify Payments: Shopify API
- Stripe: Stripe API
- Amazon Pay: Amazon Pay (API & CSV)
Create a business account
Create a business account now. In the Accounts module (App Center → Business Accounts, until version 21.1: My Area → My Apps → Business Accounts) via the button. "+NEW".
Fill the settings in the business account individually per account type with your own data.
If you want to use the account for SEPA payments, you will find here more information.
Use of business accounts in xentral
In xentral, you use your previously created business accounts in different fields. The application areas are customer and vendor payments and accounting.
Here you need your business accounts for the recording payables and paying the payables via SEPA XML.
Here you need your business accounts for the export accounts for accounting.
Click here for Step 13 - Shipping Service Provider