Table of Contents
- Show item images in overview
- Create new file
- Show item images in search
- Types of item images and files
- Item images on label
- Create ZIP file from files
- Keyword Templates
- Process starter for filing the file structure
Under Master data → Articles, images and other files for the articles can be loaded into xentral. These files are reused in various places in the system, e.g. when transferring articles to external stores or marketplaces, but also to increase clarity in internal lists.
Show item images in overview
To increase the clarity in the item list, the item images can be displayed there:
To display the images in the article list, navigate to Administration → Settings → System → Basic settings → Settings → System. Check the box "Article images in overview" and click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page:
Create new file
It is possible to create a new file within the article. To do this, jump to the "Files" tab in the corresponding article and select the "Create new file" sub-tab there.
The file can be added either via drag & drop or via the "Browse" button. If the file is uploaded as an article image, it can be displayed in the preview of the article overview. More details can be found in the section "Show article images in overview".
If the file is uploaded as an attachment, it can later be attached to the email in the submit dialog of documents. Thus, the selection of the respective keyword controls the function or usability of the file in xentral.
Note: As of version 18.1, only the file types that make sense for the corresponding module are displayed per module to increase clarity. For all modules, only the file keywords created under My Area → My Apps → File Keyword Templates are displayed for selection:
It is important to select the desired module from the drop-down menu, which in this case is the "Article" module.
The new keyword can then be selected in the article:
Show item images in search
The article images that have been previously maintained in the individual article are displayed in the search:
Types of item images and files
Each file can be assigned a file type, which may have a meaning for further processing. Also the sorting can be relevant, depending on the file type and usage. The following list contains the most important information:
- Default item image (store image) → This is used for viewing in the online store. The first image is often used as the default image, the following ones as supplementary images, sometimes also in the so-called gallery (WooCommerce).
- Default group image, also called "group image" → This is used as an item image for the category overview in Shopware, for example.
- Label image → This can be printed on labels (see Labels with image).
- Other image, also referred to as "image
- Data sheet
- Print image (300dpi), also called "print image".
- Certificate attachment (PDF), also called "certificate
- Other file, also called "Other
- Cover sheet
- Appendix → files can be sent automatically with order transmission
Display images in xentral
The following image types are used for the article overview, the first available image type is used:
- Standard article image
- Print image (300dpi)
- Other image
- Group image
The following image types are used for the detailed view of an article, the first available image type is used:
- Other image
- Standard article image
If there are several images of one file type, the first one in the sequence, i.e. the one with the smallest number, will be used.
Sort item images
As of version 18.3, the images can be sorted directly in the list. To do this, the "Change sort order" checkbox must be set in the filters. The arrows that then appear instead of the menu can be used to change the order of the images:
If necessary, the table can be filtered according to the image type by entering a corresponding text in the "Keyword" column in the live table displayed.
Item images on label
Article images can also be printed on labels. The desired image is uploaded directly to the files as a "label image". The size of the image is set directly in the "Labels" module by the label layout.
More information on how to create the label layout can be found here.
Create ZIP file from files
From version 19.1 it is possible to download a ZIP file from the selected files. To do this, select the desired files by ticking them and download them using the "Create ZIP" button at the end of the table:
Under My Area → My Apps the app "File Keyword Templates" has to be entered and selected. New keywords for the file upload can be stored in this module:
The following specifications for the settings can be made:
- Label → The name of the keyword is to be entered.
- Module → Select the module to which the keyword is to be assigned from the drop-down menu.
- Not visible → By ticking this keyword does not appear in the drop-down menu of the keywords in the file tab of the individual article.
Process starter for filing the file structure
Each keyword of a file can be stored on the server as a single folder with the associated files. For this a process starter with the parameter filetree is needed. This copies the files into the target folder filetree, which is located directly next to the folder userdata on the server, which is known from xentral. For this purpose, a Samba share or an FTP account should be set up.