Table of Contents
- Interface features
- Connection to xentral
- Import orders to xentral
With this interface xentral can be connected to Etsy to import orders from there into xentral and to manage the items sold in the store in xentral. The connection is done via an API interface (store importer). Currently, the module "Etsy" is still in beta stage and is not yet fully programmed or a dev version.
The store interface offers several features:
- Import orders from Etsy to xentral
- Import invoices to transfer orders to Etsy
Invoices and delivery bills can be created in xentral with their own number range. Receipts are automatically created and sent in the shipping process or printed at the shipping printer.
Connection to xentral
The following explains how to connect the interface to xentral.
Create user in Etsy
First, a user or app must be created in Etsy. To do this, click on "Create a New App" at the bottom of this page.
The normal seller user can be used, no extra DEV user is needed. After completing the creation you will receive an API Key and an API Token. This information is entered together with user and password in the importer settings in xentral (see next step).
Create store interface in xentral
For a new interface to an Etsy store, select the "Etsy" module under Administration → Online Shops/Marketplaces → "+NEW":
After "Etsy" has been selected, the next step is to enter the necessary data for the connection of the two systems:
- Logging in the log file → A logging in the log file takes place by checking the box.
- Skip orders → If orders are to be skipped, they must be specified here.
- User → User name of the user in Etsy created for the interface.
- Password → Password of the user in Etsy created for the interface. Note: The actual password of the user should be entered here, not the API Key. The API Integration Key (API access key) from Etsy can be created if necessary, but the username and password must always be used for the connection
- Overwrite Redirect → If you want to overwrite, you have to enter the redirect here.
- Keystring → The keystring is to be entered
- Shared Secret → Shared Secret is to be entered here
- API Token → The used API has to be entered
- API Token Secret → The used API secret is to be entered.
Further settings can be made:
- Designation → The designation "Etsy" is to be entered.
- Active → By ticking the store interface becomes active
- Project → The appropriate project is to be entered
- Pickup mode → Select the correct pickup mode from the drop-down menu.
- Import mode → Select the correct import mode from the drop-down menu.
- Only 1 request per query → By ticking only one request will be fetched per query
- Requests in intermediate table → By ticking the requests are transferred to an intermediate table, the release of the intermediate table has to be done manually
- Limit number of fetch → The number of fetched orders is to be limited, 0 means here that a maximum of 100 orders are fetched.
Various actions can be performed in the store interface by clicking on the respective button:
- Check connection → After entering the data, the connection between both systems can be tested using this button. If the connection is successful, the message "Connection: success" appears.
- Check orders → This button checks all imported orders from Etsy to xentral.
- Shopimport intermediate table → This button creates the intermediate table with the orders imported from Etsy
- Transfer items → Clicking on the button transfers the items of the orders from Etsy to xentral
- Fetch item list → The button fetches the item list from Etsy
Import orders to xentral
Importing orders from online stores is described in this article.