Please note: Depending on your country and on your selected xentral package, the availability of modules and features differs - thus, the features described in this article might not be part of the xentral product you are using.
Table of Contents
Free fields can be assigned in the addresses and articles section.
In the free fields area for articles, 20 free fields can be used and individually be labeled. These free fields are also available in some places as variables. E.g. free fields can be shown in documents. These are selectable as a list with hooks, Article parameters and designation for free fields.
First, the free fields must be activated in the article.
To label the free fields, the desired text is to be entered in the provided text fields. Afterward can be selected around which free field type it is concerned.
There are five types of free fields:
- Single-line → Single-line free field
- Multiline → Multiline free field
- Date → The free field is a date
- Checkbox → The free field is a checkbox
- Select field → To populate the select field, the following must be specified in the caption: The label of the field, followed by a vertical dash | (pipe). Each option must be followed by the value separated by → Which is to be stored in the database
Example Select field: A free field named "Color" with the type select field is to be created. The selectable options shall be "Red", "Green" and "Blue". To create a field like this, the following must be entered:
In the article, the free field with the type "select field" then looks like this:
The free fields as required in documents such as quote, order, invoice, etc., can be permanently displayed. For this, the free fields for documents must be activated.
Then, the hook matrix can be used to assign the document.
Each of the 20 free fields can be inserted into the following documents:
- Order (normal proforma invoice in the order)
- Credit note
- Delivery note
- Proforma (only for module proforma invoice)
- Price inquiry
The following free field has been textually named in the system settings and activated for the order document. View directly in the article:
- Material → Has been selected as a designation
- 925 sterling silver → Was chosen as the content of the field in the example item 700057
View in order document:
View in edit option in order:
- The active free fields are displayed in the edit mode
- The free field content can be post-edited
Note: The free fields are only reloaded in documents without write protection.
In the basic settings in the System tab, the advanced article search can be set in Free field 1 and Free field 2.
In an article, there is a "free fields" tab where the contents of a free field can be translated for specific languages.
The default setting here is the German-language free fields. With a click on the right button "Reload missing language entries" entries for the other languages are created, which are stored under App Center → Languages.
This translated free field content can then be used with supported store interfaces (e.g. Shopware).
For addresses, 20 free fields can be freely defined and the first two free fields can be set to be searchable for the address search. The content of free field 1 is displayed directly in parentheses after the address. Designation address free fields
Free fields can be activated and dragged to the front of the first tab in Addresses.
- Name → Assign name for the free field
- Specify type → Specify type of free field (single-line, multi-line, date, checkbox, select field)
- Columns → Determine whether the free field will later be displayed in row 1 or row 2 in the article overview
- Sequence → Determine the order in the listing of the free fields
The free field now appears at the front of the address in the first tab under "More Fields".
Free field 1 and free field 2 in addresses can be searched. To activate this function, the check mark "Advanced address search" must be set: Menu: Administration → Settings → Basic settings → System
The free field can be filled directly in the address.
The content from free field 1 is displayed in the address search in brackets behind the address in the address search.
For projects, 10 free fields can be freely defined.