Table of Contents
The Currency Conversion app requests the current exchange rates of each currency to the Euro from the European Central Bank (ECB) and updates them. In this way, the current exchange rate to the euro can always be stored in documents in foreign currencies and output with the financial accounting export.
You can find the app at: My Area → My Apps → Currency Conversion
The "Overview" tab shows all rates that are regularly fetched and entered. A prerequisite for using this app is that the Process Starter "Currency ECB Rates" has been activated:
Using the menu column, you can edit entries via the "pencil" icon and delete via the "cross" icon.
Get quotes from ECB
To get the current exchange rates from the ECB, you have two options available:
- Get only created rates from the ECB → Only the rates of already created currencies are fetched from the ECB server.
- Get all rate data from ECB → The rates of all available Currencies are fetched from the server of the ECB.
New currency conversion
In order for you to regularly fetch a new currency conversion or the associated rates from the ECB server, you must first create a new currency conversion. To do this, click on the "+NEW" button.
Then the following overview appears:
Fill in the following fields:
- Currency of → Enter the currency which is to be converted
- Currency to → Enter the currency to which you want it convert to.
- Rate → Enter the current exchange rate of the currencies, The starting point is the currency in the field "Currency of ".
- Valid until → This field is optional. Enter here how long this rate should be valid
Finally, click on "Save".