Please note: Depending on your country and on your selected xentral package, the availability of modules and features differs - thus, the features described in this article might not be part of the xentral product you are using.
Table of Contents
- Address filter fields
- Example of combination of filters
With an address filter, addresses can be filtered according to certain criteria.
In Xentral, the address filter can be used to filter addresses by groups and projects. The filtered addresses can then be used for a mail merge, newsletter export or later also for campaigns. For the export to work, the filters must be saved as a template in Address Filter. This template can then be called up and used again and again.
Address filter fields
Saved templates can be loaded via this item.
Note: Templates can be saved using the action menu on the right.
Here individual steps can be performed with the filtered addresses and the filter selection.
- Save as new template → The set filters are saved as a template that can be reloaded at any time.
- Overwrite existing template → The selected template is overwritten with the current filter setting.
- Delete template → The selected template is deleted.
- Print serial letter → Serial letters can be printed for the filtered addresses. You can learn how to create serial letters here: Mail merge letters
- Export emails for newsletter → Here a CSV is created with columns for the address name and their email. This file can then be forwarded to email providers that specialize in newsletters. (From Xentral, these emails are not sent because of the risk of ending up on spam lists).
- Export emails for newsletter (UTF-8) → Here a CSV file in UTF-8 format is created with columns for the address name and their email. This file can then be forwarded to email providers that specialize in newsletters. (From Xentral these emails are not sent, because there is a risk of ending up on spam lists).
- Export emails incl. all contact persons for newsletter → CSV with columns for the address name and their email incl. all contact persons within the addresses.
- Export emails incl. all contact persons for newsletter (UTF-8) → CSV file in UF-8 format with columns for the address name and their email incl. all contact persons within the addresses.
- Export addresses as CSV → CSV with columns: Customer number, supplier number, name, contact person, department, sub-department, e-mail, phone number, fax, mobile, street, postal code, city, country, project.
- Export addresses as CSV (UTF-8) → CSV file in UTF-8 format with columns: Customer number, supplier number, name, contact person, department, subdepartment, e-mail, phone number, fax, mobile, street, postal code, city, country, project.
- Export addresses incl. all contact persons as CSV → CSV with columns from above point incl. all contact persons within the addresses.
- Export addresses incl. all contact persons as CSV (UTF-8) → CSV in UTF-8 format with the columns from the above point incl. all contact persons within the addresses.
Note: If the umlauts are not displayed correctly in the export CSVs, the CSV files can be opened via ISO-8859-1 (Excel format) or if possible directly in Excel
With the button "Add new filter", new filters can be added.
You can choose between the following filter types:
- Group for contact persons
- Address field
- Articles in documents
It is possible to filter by several criteria, which can be added with an "And" or an "Or" link. In addition, there is the possibility to set the "is not" selection to filter only for addresses that do not meet these criteria.
Add AND + OR Buttons
- AND → The additional filter must also match the addresses. Ex: Show me all addresses with zip code 12345 AND group 'business customer'.
- OR → One of both filters must match. Ex: Show me all addresses with zip code 12345 OR with zip code 23456 (addresses for zip code 12345 and zip code 23456 are displayed).
Select address group previously created in xentral.
Group for contact persons
This can be used to filter for a group for the contact person. In addition, you can specify whether the contact person should also be displayed in the hit list.
This filter can be used to select a project to which the address is applied.
This filter option can be used to filter for different address fields within the address.
Articles in documents
With this filter option it is possible to filter addresses by ordered items in document types.
Furthermore, the following can be selected additionally:
- is → content must fit 1:1 like this
- contains → content must be present in the field
- starts with → Content at the beginning of the field
- ends with → content at the end of the field
Example of combination of filters
All addresses should be output which are in Germany & Austria, which are also in the projects "Standard" and "Shop" and have no marketing lock. It is best to create the AND operators first and then the OR operators.
- Address field: Country is "Germany
- Filter by project "Shop
- Address marketing lock "is not
Now first all addresses, which are from Germany, belong to the project Shop and do not have a marketing lock, were filtered out. Afterwards Austria has to be added as follows:
- Add between country "Germany" and project "Standard" OR
- Address field: Country is "Austria
- Add between project "Standard" and "Marketing lock" OR
- Filter by project "Shop
Contact + Group Export
An example of the address filter to get the following data: "All addresses with group "Sales manager". To get the phone numbers, do not select the CSV button below as export, because there you will get only the data "visible" in the table. If "Export" is selected in the action menu, then a detailed export list appears here, in which the telephone number is also present:
Example of the export list: