Table of Contents
- Setting up the groups and articles
- Use of dropshipping
The "Dropshipping" module is used to automatically create dropshipping orders for partial orders or automatic orders with suppliers. With this module it is possible to create dropshipping groups, set partial orders with purchase orders, assign articles to dropshipping groups and create deliveries automatically via store import or button.
Setting up the groups and articles
In order to use dropshipping, the first step is to mark the groups (suppliers) and the items that are affected by dropshipping.
In the "Articles" tab, those articles are to be defined that are to be split into a dropshipping order when importing the sales order. It is mandatory that the articles are marked as stock items.
With a click on the "+ New entry" button a new dropship article has to be entered:
The following information must be entered:
- Group → The respective group is to be selected, thereby only already created and thus valid groups can be used.
- Article → The desired dropshipping article is to be entered.
Delete all entries
The button "Delete all entries" can be used to remove all existing entries for the links of articles to the dropshipping groups.
Note: This action deletes all links in the "Dropshipping Supplier" module, they cannot be restored.
With the "Assistant" button, from version 19.1 onwards, it is also possible to directly load in all articles of a specific manufacturer with one click. The entries are then created automatically. The prerequisite for this is that the manufacturers in the "Manufacturer" field in the article master are named exactly like a dropshipping group that has been created.
The group must be created beforehand and have the same name as the manufacturer.
1. create your own project
It is recommended to create a separate project under Master data → Projects → NEW for each dropshipping partner. This way, the created dropshipping orders can be filtered quickly in the order overview.
2. create group
In the dropshipping module, in the "Groups" tab, a new group can be created for each dropshipping partner.
- Name → The name of the group is freely selectable.
- Supplier → The supplier to which an order is to be created or to which mails are to be sent must be specified.
- Target project (optional) → The project to which the dropshipping partial order is mapped must be specified.
- Only if payment OK → By checking this box, a dropshipping partial order is only created if the payment OK traffic light (payment released) in the original order is green.
- Calculate delivery date from item → Writes the calculated delivery date of the item into the order item of the dropshipping order.
- Auto-shipping → Select from the drop-down menu whether and how to perform the dropshipping partial orders
- Create documents in autoship → From the dropdown, select which documents are to be created in autoship. Alternatively, the setting from the customer address can also be taken
- Create automatically → A purchase order for the items from the dropshipping partial order is automatically created on the stored supplier if a purchase price is stored for the items.
- Different delivery address → The order receives the customer address of the main order as a different delivery address.
- as attachment delivery bill → the order receives the delivery bill of the dropshipping partial order as attachment file and completes the partial order
- incl. delivery bill as CSV → The order receives as attachment file the delivery bill of the dropshipping partial order as CSV
- as attachment invoice → The purchase order receives the invoice of the order as attachment file
- as attachment order → The order receives as attachment file the order confirmation of the dropshipping partial order
- incl. order as CSV → The order receives as attachment file the order confirmation of the dropshipping partial order as CSV
- Complete order → By ticking the generated order is immediately set to the status "completed
- Order mail to supplier → By ticking an e-mail with all attachments will be sent to the supplier.
- Print order directly → If the order is to be printed, a document printer can be selected here from the drop-down menu
- Delivery bill mail to supplier → By ticking an e-mail with the delivery bill of the dropshipping partial order will be sent to the supplier
- Print delivery bill directly → If the delivery bill of the dropshipping partial order is to be printed, a document printer can be selected here from the drop-down menu.
- Invoice mail to customer → If checked, an email with the invoice will be sent to the customer
- Print invoice directly → If the invoice is to be printed, a document printer can be selected here from the drop-down menu
- Feedback to store → If the order is transferred from an online store to xentral and a dropshipping order is created from it, the order status is set to shipped in the store by ticking it off
Link article and remove link
When creating or editing a group, a CSV file can be uploaded via the "Upload article list" button in order to assign several articles to the group in one step.
Note: The first line of the CSV file is seen as a header and the only line content is the item number.
Example of a CSV file:
The "Delete all article links" button can be used to delete all existing article links to this group.
Use of dropshipping
Import orders from online stores
Once an order is imported that includes a dropshipping item, the following happens:
- A partial order is created per dropshipping group for these items
- Another purchase order is created on the supplier as a draft, depending on the group settings
- An invoice for the total amount (order + partial orders) is created and linked to the orders.
Order overview: In the order overview, the orders are displayed with the respective articles:
Create orders manually
If an order is created and has one or more dropship items in the positions, the following button will appear after approval:
Clicking on it will also initiate splitting into dropship orders. The stock item must not be in stock for the dropship order to be created.
If a postage article is in an order with a dropship article, the order is not split, but only the project of the document is changed to the dropship group. Otherwise, orders containing only postage articles would be displayed, which would distort the order overview.
Various dropship article projects in one order
A separate partial order is created for each dropship project in the positions.
Dropshipping item is in own warehouse
If an order appears and the dropshipping item is fully in stock, no dropshipping order is created.
Internet number is also transferred to split order
An existing Internet number will also be included in the split dropshipping order.