Table of Contents
With the module Packaging material you can define rules for a certain quantity of positions in the delivery bill, how much packaging material should be automatically booked out of the warehouse. If you want to keep an overview of the availability of your packaging material without having to place it in bills of materials, this module is a good way to still ensure a stock withdrawal of the packaging.
In the live table you can see the already created rules in an overview and you can edit them or create new rules.
It is also possible to outsource several packaging items for one stock item. For each packaging item you need one packaging rule.
In this example, the first two entries would specify that for every 6 units of the article "Housing", one folding carton and for every 3 units, another rubber band should be removed.
The last entry would also specify that for every other item (except "housing") that is removed from storage, one rubber band should also be removed for every 10 units. The removal of the packaging material can be linked to the set project.
Add/edit packaging rules
You can add new rules with the "+NEW" button:
Explanation of the fields:
- Active → Only active rules are evaluated for the warehouse statement.
- Project from delivery bill → The project from the delivery bill is also referenced when the packaging article is booked out.
- Number of parts from → From this quantity of the main article (article to be packed), this rule applies - minimum number.
- Number of parts up to → Up to this quantity of the main article this rule applies - maximum number.
- For article (optional) → Main article for which packaging is to be outsourced as well (if nothing is specified, packaging is outsourced as well for the number of parts of each article).
- Item for packaging → The packaging item to be outsourced with.
- Quantity of packaging material → Number of packaging item to be removed from stock
- Preferred packaging warehouse → If packaging material is in several warehouses, it will be removed from this warehouse first
- Project → Restriction to project possible - here the project is evaluated from the document.
The "Edit" and "Delete" buttons allow you to modify or delete the created packaging rules.
Examples for packaging rules
Quantity of items in the delivery bill: 1 - 10- Store 1 carton with dimensions 20 x 40 out (item number 10000)
- Store 1 transport foil with the dimensions 30 x 50 (article number 10010)
Quantity of items in the delivery bill: 11 - 20- Store 1 carton with dimensions 50 x 90 (item number 10001)
- Store 2 transport foils with the dimensions 30 x 50 (article number 10010)
Quantity of items in the delivery bill: 21-30- Store 1 carton with dimensions 50 x 90 (item number 10001)
- Store 3 transport foils with the dimensions 30 x 50 (article number 10010)
...and so on.