Table of Contents
System-wide mandatory fields can be created for modules and individual surfaces, which must be filled in when saving surfaces and content. These fields are then marked with an individual label and displayed to the Editor.
This module is particularly relevant if certain fields are always to be filled out or may not be forgotten.
It should be noted that for technical reasons, field validation cannot be performed in some cases. This includes, for example, special fields in system messages or fields in dialog boxes (so-called overlays).
A new mandatory field can be created using the "+New" button.
A dialog box will open. Here the fields are to be filled out and afterward to save.
The mandatory field can be defined in the field settings.
- Module → Module name (click into the module and read the URL at the top e.g: click into an article: "..module=article&action=edit&id=1")
- Action → Page of the module (click into the module, then click on the page for the Mandatory field and read at the top of the URL e.g.: click into an article: "..module=article&action=edit&id=1")
- Field ID → Field label of the single field (click into the field, right Mouse button, "examine element", id="kurztext_de" would be e.g. in the article the Short text → see below for exact description)
- Error message → Text for the error message e.g. "mandatory field", will then be red displayed as soon as the editing person saves
- Type → Selection of content-type: e.g. text, integer, decimal, etc
- Minimum length → Minimum number of characters must be specified (info: then this info ideally for the person editing into the "error message" Enter text)
- Maximum length → Maximum number of characters must be specified (info: then this info ideally for the editing person in the "error message" text)
- Mandatory field → Set active. Marks this entry in the interface as a Mandatory field
The mandatory field in the interface is displayed as soon as the page is saved by the user is saved.
In an article, the short text is to be created as a mandatory field. The result should look like the following:
The following steps are to be performed here:
- Create mandatory field
- Find module, action, field ID
- Enter remaining data + save
- Test in the interface
In the mandatory fields module, click on the "+NEW" button to open a dialog box, which can then be used to create a new mandatory field.
The next step is to fill in the "Module", "Action" and " Field ID" fields.
- Module The module can be found via the URL. Click into an article and read the URL at the top: Master data → Articles → click into an article.
- Action The page can be found by URL. Click into an article and read the URL at the top: Master data → Articles → click into an article (on this page should be the mandatory field, is the same page as "1st module").
- Find field ID Click in the desired field (which should become a mandatory field, in this case, in the article the field "Short text"). With the right mouse button "Examine element" click.
The ID can be read shorttext_en:
4. Test in the interface.
Click on an existing article and save it again. The mandatory field is then marked.