Table of contents
- Order overview
- Bulk processing for orders
- Order - single view
The order overview provides a quick and complete overview of all orders.
The order traffic light provides real-time information about the status of the individual order, for example it can be seen quickly whether the customer has paid for the order or whether there are enough goods in stock for delivery. Once an order has been completed, additional information can be viewed via the mini details. In the mini details, the invoice associated with the order can be quickly accessed or the delivery note can be viewed.
The order overview provides a quick and complete overview of all orders and their status. The order lights and information on the order overview are described here.
- The overview can be filtered according to various criteria using the filters above:
- Article missing → Article is missing in the order
- Partial delivery possible → Partial delivery of the order is possible
- VAT test. missing → VAT check of the order missing
- Payment ok → The payment of the order has been made and is correct
- Payment missing → The payment for the order is missing
- Postage missing → The order's postage is missing
- Manual test. → Orders that have to be checked manually
- Partial payment → Orders for which partial payment is possible
- without invoice → orders that are issued without an invoice
- Today → Orders created today
- Auto-shipping missing → Orders for which auto-shipping is missing
- Auto-dispatch OK → Orders for which the auto-dispatch is OK
- Fast lane → orders with fast lane
Delivery date overdue → Shows all orders whose delivery is overdue. Refers to the delivery date of the warehouse in the order. If this is not filled, the requested delivery date will be used. If this field is also empty, the order date is taken into account.
Customers with several open orders → Shows all customers who have several open orders
In the order overview, the most important information can be viewed at a glance in mini-details with one click. To get to the mini-detail, click on the arrow of the order you are interested in on the left in the order overview. A new column opens under the relevant order with the information.
The following information is displayed in the mini detail:
- Specification of the customer and the order number
- General information about the order (status, project)
- An overview of the documents of the order (e.g. receipts, tracking, ...) with the possibility to open the documents as PDF or to edit them
- Payment Information
- Shipping method
- Article overview
- incoming payments
- Log of all processes for this order
- RMA process
- PDF archive with the possibility to open the PDF files
- Overview of the contribution margin
Bulk processing for orders
Several options are available for processing several or all orders.
Several orders can be marked with the checkboxes on the left and one of the following options can be selected: - Mark as released → Release the marked draft order (does not work if the order has the status 'canceled' or 'completed').
- mark as canceled → Orders are marked as canceled
- Enable option "For dispatch" → Checks the appropriate box in all selected orders
- Remove option "For dispatch" → Removes the corresponding check mark in all marked orders
- Set option "Fast-Lane" → Sets the corresponding check mark in all marked jobs
- Remove the "Fast Lane" option → Removes the corresponding check mark in all selected orders
- Send by e-mail → Sends an order confirmation for all marked orders to the customers by e-mail
- Mark as sent → Marks all marked orders as sent
- Continue as production → Continue all marked orders as production
- Collective PDF → Creates a single, large PDF file from individual PDFs
- Print → Prints an order confirmation for all selected orders with the selected printer
- Merge orders → merges all marked orders into one
Order - single view
This order can be edited by clicking on an individual order in the overview.
If an order is in draft mode, an order number from the number range is assigned to it by releasing the document with the "Release" button. Afterwards, the order can only be canceled and no longer deleted, as with the draft.
Apply draft date
In addition, there is a check mark in the approval window that is saved for each user in order to adopt the draft date as the order date.
Note: This tick also appears in the release for quotation, order and delivery note.
In the right action menu there is the "Send" option with which the order confirmation can be sent to the customer. There are several options available here.
There is also the option of using checkboxes to select several sending options (e.g. print + e-mail). There is also the option of ticking a checkbox in order to send the order not only as a PDF but also as a CSV file in the attachment.
This CSV file can then be imported from the remote station and processed further. The requirement here is the "Receipt importer" module at the remote station.
If an empty e-mail address "<>" is displayed at the top when sending, this is an indication that the main e-mail address is not maintained in the master data in the address. Instead, the contact persons can be selected via the dropdown.
Include the cover sheet
A separate cover sheet can be defined in the order under "Files".
If the "Collective PDF" checkbox is activated, this will be displayed first in the PDF. If the collective PDF check mark is not set, the cover sheet will not be sent.
Note: The cover sheet can also be specified in the business letter templates for each document type.
This tab can be used to view details of the order and the individual order items. It is also possible to get a preview of the order and a log of all the order’s actions.
This tab can be used to view details of the order, and actions can be selected for what should happen with the order.
Actions can be used to select how the order should be handled.
An order can be canceled using the "X" icon in the order overview or the "Action menu". In addition, the "Cancel order by email to the customer" function can be activated. In this case, cancellation information is sent to the stored master data address (if different in the order). The function is not displayed if the customer has not entered an email address. Here you can proceed directly from the cancellation without an intermediate click.
Orders in draft mode without a document number can be deleted using the cancellation function. Documents with a consecutive number are given the status "canceled", but can no longer be deleted. The cancellation mail function can be activated for each project in the project settings. The prerequisite is a business letter template that can be sent to the customer by e-mail: - Cancellation without e-mail to the customer
Cancellation by email to the customer
The cancellation takes place either via the "X" icon in the order overview or the action menu in the receipt.
Furthermore, the order can be canceled with or without an email to the customer. If this is to take place with the cancellation of the order, this must have been selected beforehand in the basic project settings. Activate cancellation e-mail function: Project setting to activate the cancellation e-mail.
Cancellation option with activated cancellation email:
The template for the cancellation mail can be specified via Administration → Basic Settings → Text Templates.
Create partial delivery
An order can be split into several partial deliveries.
The postage item is also given for selection. If this is only available once and the postage check is active in the project, the traffic light in the partial order is displayed in orange without postage. The postage check can be switched off in the project (logistics settings) (master data → projects → edit project → settings → logistics).
In the original order as well as in the partial order, you will find a link to the associated orders at the top.
The mini-details in the overview show that this is a partial delivery.
- Search for customer → customer number by entering the number or customer name in text form and select (click). Then load the data with "accept"
- to suppliers → if this option is selected (check mark), the above field "customer" changes to "supplier". Now an order can also be created for a supplier.
- Project → Enter the project. If only one project (STANDARD) is used for the entire company, this must be set as the standard in the central settings. Otherwise select the desired project. Various picking processes, stationery, e-mail templates, number ranges, etc. can be behind a project, so that project-specific functions and batch processing (workflows) can be used.
- Promotion code → Numerical promotion code that can be given as a "tag", e.g. voucher code (statistical evaluation of who had this voucher code in the order. Works in the same way for an article, but this must then be an extra item in the order)
- Status → current order status: in process (= created, blue traffic light, no order number, only draft, can be completely deleted), open (= active traffic lights orange / green, waiting for a certain action, or is completely green and can go to logistics), completed (sent, completed manually), canceled.
- Internet → e.g. shop order number (via shop import) or third-party number
- Offer → Link to a previous offer (is automatically set when continue offer to order)
- Customer number → number of the customer. This was previously assigned by Xentral or itself and can be viewed under addresses in the master data
- Your order number / commission → customer order number eg warehouse 12, commission 134 etc. This number is displayed in the info box on the letterhead. Only a short description with a limited number of characters is to be entered here. Use the "Free text" or "Header text" field for sentences and texts.
- Internal designation → Internal process designation
- Order date → Order date (is automatically set to today's date when the document is "released")
- via → Internet, e-mail, letter, telephone, fax, other (information field on how the order was placed)
- Desired delivery date → Desired delivery date of the customer. Purely information field / date for letterhead (this field is also available as a variable for letterhead)
- KW → Calendar week (This field is also available as a variable for the letterhead)
- Delivery warehouse → delivery in the in-house logistics. This date controls the traffic light "Delivery date in the future". As soon as the set date is reached, the traffic light turns green and releases the order for logistics. (This field is also available as a variable for the stationery)
- Reservation date → Date on which the stock items are to be reserved for the customer in the order (the reservation is made using the process starter " Calculate car shipping " or " Car shipping PLUS ")
- Preferred warehouse → Selection of the warehouse from which the items for the order should preferably be taken
- Consignment warehouse →
- Write protection → checkmark and save manually sets the write protection. The write protection is set automatically when the document is "sent" via the action field at the top right. Likewise when sending a document via a logistics process. The set write protection can be removed via the green info box in the header (button "Remove write protection")
- Proforma invoice → tick and save changes the document label "Order" to "Proforma invoice"
- Order traffic light → Check the box if the order traffic light is to be activated
Different Shipping Address
A checked checkmark activates the fields for the different delivery address. The delivery address can then be entered manually or taken from the master data. Then click on save. When entering a delivery address in the master data that has been marked as "Standard delivery address", this is automatically transferred to the field.
Buttons: - Delivery address → Load / re-enter delivery address from the customer's master data and reload.
- Contact person → Contact person Load / re-enter address from the customer's master data and reload.
- Address from master data → Load any address from master data
Note: The following fields are used for the parcel stamp (usually only 3 fields are provided for the address data by parcel service providers): Name, contact person, additional address, street and house number, zip code / city, country. If the department and sub-department are relevant for the delivery, the delivery note should be attached to the outside of the package with a shipping bag or the delivery address should be adequately supplemented with abbreviations in the fields relevant to the package brand. In addition, a new filter option can be selected in the popup for "Insert delivery address / contact person", with which all entered delivery addresses can be viewed across all addresses (this also works for contact persons.
If the customer or the supplier has been maintained in the master data, Xentral fills in the data automatically, otherwise it has to be filled in or supplemented by hand.
Note: This address data is also used for the billing address (unless "different billing address" is activated in the customer address) and as the delivery address (if the delivery address is the same as the billing address. Please also note the fields for the parcel label here!) Changing the data for this order: Independent From the master data, the data can be changed and saved individually for each order. The change in the order does not automatically lead to a change in the master data. However, the master data can, for example, be changed and the address / changes can be fetched from the master data with "Apply".
Info for quotation and order entry
Information entered in this field is taken from the address. Eg "Please only deliver to this customer on Thursdays".
Text field for labels, texts or Xentral text modules. This text is displayed on the stationery after the article table. In the order overview, free text is labeled with a blue asterisk.
Text field for labels, texts or Xentral text modules. This text is displayed in front of the article table on the stationery.
- Payment method → invoice, prepayment, direct debit, cash payment, credit card, etc. (can be set and expanded in the system settings)
- Manual release of payment → Sets the shipping light "Payment" to green, even if no payment has been linked to prepayment.
- Shipping method → DHL, UPS, GLS, DPD, self-collectors, etc. (can be set and expanded in the system settings)
- Sales → Enter sales from the address data or manually for this order
- Processor → Processor from the address data or processor for this order
- Switch off postage check → Sets the "Postage check" shipping light to green (if "Postage check" is activated in the project). An article "Postage article" in the positions also sets this traffic light to green. If this function is not activated, the traffic light is always green at this point.
- No stationery and logo → Hides the stationery (PDF background) (inverted setting is possible via the company data, then the stationery is always shown). There is also the option to hide the letterhead in the printer (see the printer settings).
- Hide article texts → The article description in all document positions is hidden on the document.
- Payment term (in days) → Payment term eg "14" (enter in whole numbers)
- Payment target discount (in days) → Payment target for discount e.g. "10" (input in whole numbers)
- Discount → Discount in% e.g. "2" or "3"
Note on the terms of payment: When creating an order, the standard is automatically drawn (in the company settings, for example, 14 days invoice or prepayment can be defined as the standard). Otherwise, the payment method stored with the customer or the payment method from the shop (for import interfaces) is used, provided that the data maintained here is available. The payment method can be changed manually for this order.
Shipping center options
- Approve for auto dispatch → Sets the traffic light "Autoversand" to green
- Fast-Lane → Serves as a marker for orders with priority. These orders are then given a (FL) in the order number in the overviews and can be filtered in the order overview, in the order dispatch center and in the warehouse dispatch center
- Create receipts in Auto-Dispatch → Invoice and delivery note, only delivery note, only invoice.
- Delivery despite delivery block → overrides the delivery block in the address for this order (e.g. for guarantee deliveries)
- No cancellation mail → no cancellation notification for this order
- No tracking mail → no tracking mail for this order
- No incoming payment email → no payment email for this order
Text field for labels, texts or Xentral text modules. This text is only saved internally. In the order overview, a label in the internal comment is marked with a red asterisk.
- UST ID → Field for the UST ID. If this field is empty, the domestic tax rate will still be used for EU (EU private individuals). For at least one character in this field, the 0% for an intra-community delivery to the EU is drawn
- Taxation → domestic (e.g. 19% and 7%), EU delivery (e.g. 19% without VAT ID, 0% with VAT ID), export (0%), domestic tax-free (0%)
- Without legal information text for EU or export → Hides the standard text from the central settings for EU or export. In this way, an individual text can be entered as a text module in the free text / header text
- Tax ID checked → the tick sets the% traffic light to green. Can also be automatically set to green for all new orders via the shop import
- Tax checked + approval for shipping → automatically set for domestic taxation
The individual items of the invoice can be inserted under this tab. A special field can also be inserted here, an invoice template and a voucher can be created, a discount in% can be given on all items and items can be searched for or newly created manually.
Note : The% discount on all items function is an extra app that always applies the discount to all items and does not take into account the "no discount allowed" setting in the article.
The items are added to the order in the positions. Articles in the blue field can be entered either as a number or as text. The search then filters automatically using "Auto Complete" and continues to narrow down the more characters are typed. The better the article names and / or numbers are assigned, the faster and better it is possible to filter here.
With a click on the edit button, the options can be edited again and the name, price, tax, etc. can be adjusted in the popup. In addition, items that do not have a price can also be hidden.
Bulk processing of items
Individual items can be selected and processed in bulk, e.g. for deletion or to continue bulk orders for delivery notes.
Calculation of the contribution margin
The calculation is made both at the level of the individual item positions in the order and in total for the entire order. This also applies to parts lists for which the contribution margin is calculated dynamically from the sales price of the main item and the purchase prices of the sub-items.
In the event of direct changes, the contribution margin is calculated in real time for the line items.
With the extra module “Delivery Dates”, potential delivery dates calculated from the order appear in the quick preview (mini-detail) based on the current orders, the stock level and the orders placed. This makes it possible to estimate at a glance when an order can be served based on the delivery dates of the orders that have been sent. The potential delivery dates can also be viewed in the log.
In the column for the potential delivery date 3 options can appear:
- Available → If the goods are in stock and the sellable stock is sufficient for the order (means there are no further open orders that would use up the stock)
- no order sent → The goods are not in stock and either there are no orders for them or there is an open order that has not yet been shipped
- Specific delivery date → A delivery date appears in the listing in the order as soon as the following is guaranteed: There is not enough goods in stock to serve the order, there is an order that has been sent that can meet the needs of the order and there are no further orders, which must be served by the order beforehand (FIFO principle) or if so, the order can serve all open orders at once
Order according to which Xentral determines the delivery dates:
- Delivery note positions:
- Confirmed delivery date of the order
- Desired delivery date of the order
Search / create new articles manually
If an article cannot be found, it can also be searched for manually using the "Manually search / create new article" button or it can be created directly in the article master. Here you can now filter for prices that have been specially created for this customer:
Item tree Next to the item list at the bottom right there is the item tree with all item categories. With a click on an article category, the list is filtered according to this category.
Articles can also be filtered according to a free field ("Properties" in this example).
Insert special field
As in the offer, special fields can be inserted (see also description of the offer).
With the "Rental" module and the "Commission / consignment warehouse" module, all items that are currently being rented can be viewed in a list. The module serves as a supplement to the "consignment warehouse" module. To get there, click on the editor button in the position overview.
With the additional information on the rental period and a comment field in the order item, the "Commission / consignment warehouse" module quickly shows which items are still with the customer or which items are overdue.
Specify the rental date in the order:
As soon as a consignment warehouse has been selected for the order, the rental period and a comment can be stored when editing an order item.
If the order is now processed via the logistics process, the order and its articles end up in the selected consignment warehouse. The rental data can be viewed again under Administration → AppStore → Commission / consignment warehouse → Articles.
Article tab in the consignment warehouse module
If a consignment / consignment warehouse has been specified for an order and the order is carried out until it is dispatched, an overview of all articles and their rental data from the order items can be viewed in the commission / consignment warehouse module under the "Articles" tab.Filter:Overdue articles: Shows all entries whose "rental date to" exceeds today's date. Continue editing articles.
With the curved arrow, the surface appears to continue this item as a calculation or to store this item again.
With the minus symbol, the items can be relocated from the consignment warehouse. The transfer mask opens with the filled in article and the quantity from the consignment warehouse.
If the shelf space is left empty, the article is posted to the temporary storage facility. With the "Next" button the interim storage facility appears. From there the article can be redistributed.
The rental data can be edited again with the edit icon in the row.
Rental items in the dispatch center
If a delivery note is processed with a logistics process via the dispatch center, the rental data is also displayed there for better allocation.
The preview shows the view of the document as a PDF. Print functions and other functions (browser preview functions) are also available here. However, the document should only be printed out here for internal use. The printout for customers should be done using the "Submit" action or an automatic picking process. In this way, a log entry is created showing when and how the document was sent. The print quality is also the best this way.
The log provides a complete overview of this order:
Direct links to the customer number
- to linked documents (e.g. offer, invoice, delivery note, credit memo, etc.)
- to linked account statements
Protocol (only via the "Submit" function!) - When the order was sent
- Who sent the order
- Different versions of the order in the event of changes
- Different versions of the cover letter for the assignment
Shipping information: - Internet order number (e.g. from Shopware)
- Tracking number
- Billing and shipping address
Under Administration → Settings → Basic Settings → System, check the following box:
Then a new tab "Barcode scanning" appears in the order:
Here the barcodes of the articles can be scanned one after the other in order to add them to the positions. The normal article no. as well as the EAN are accepted. The quantity of the scanned articles can be specified in the quantity field, provided they have the same article number or EAN. If the field is left blank, the default amount is 1.
Hide order lights
Individual order lights can also be hidden. The settings can be found under Administration → Settings → Basic Settings → System
Note: Despite hidden traffic lights, the checks behind them are evaluated for the car dispatch. Example: The traffic light for the warehouse check is hidden, but there are not enough goods available for the order → The option for auto-shipping would not work until enough goods are available.
Show article images in order
Item images can be shown globally in all order documents. The setting can be found in the system settings.
Administration → Settings → Basic Settings → System
With the extra module "Merge orders" it is possible to select different orders in the order overview and combine them into a collective order.
In the next mask, the order can be selected, which is to serve as a basis and summarize all positions of the other orders. The other orders will be canceled.