Table of Contents
The "Split shipping" module specifies whether the postage costs are to be split according to tax rates or whether they are determined by the value portion of the tax rates.
The shipping costs can be split when importing orders from store systems and platforms. The calculation is then performed when updating in the order.
You have two split options available to you to split the shipping of your items.
These Splitting options are possible:
- Automatically split/adjust according to tax rates → Postage items will be automatically split proportionally according to tax rates.
- Tax rate from predominant item value → The postage items are assessed with the tax rate estimated, which summed up the largest share of the order makes up. The setting "Automatically split / adjust according to tax rates", must be activated for this
The second checkbox "Tax rate from predominant item value" can only be used if the first checkbox "Automatically split / adjust according to tax rates" is also activated. If the first checkbox was deactivated, then the 2. Checkbox has no effect anymore. Specifically, this means:
- The first checkbox can be used alone .
- The second checkbox can only be used in combination with the first checkbox
Note: The module split shipping (shipping-tax split) is currently implemented only for the order, but not for other documents. Thereby irrelevant whether the order was created manually or imported via the store.
Shipping rates are automatically split in the order when a shipping rate item is entered, by adding another shipping item and the Proportional calculation takes place. The split takes place when entering the postage article, i.e. the article must be marked in the settings as "item is postage":
- Enter article with 7%, the tax rate has previously been set in the article
- Enter article with 19%, the tax rate has previously been set in the article
- Enter postage item, thereby the article is marked as a postage item
- When inserting the postage item, a tax rate is automatically proportionately inserted. In the same step, another postage item is inserted with the other Tax rate. The postage amounts are divided in this automatic calculation according to the value. The original postage amount is the sales price of the postage item, which is stored in the article
If a postage item is deleted from the order, the second one is automatically inserted. To delete, both items must be selected at the front of the "Item" column. The deletion process then takes place via the "Shipping splitting" button:
- Delete shipping item → deletes all postage items completely (a new entry is possible again)
- Change shipping item amount → enables the change of the complete postage amount (gross)
Mark the items you want to use for shipping splitting on and click on the button "shipping splitting":
After clicking on the "shipping splitting" button, the following field will appear:
You can change the shipping item amount by clicking on the button "Change shipping item amount Change"and entering a new amount in the field that appears:
Note: Deleting the articles is also possible via the selection of the Articles and batch processing. To do this, you select the articles that are to be deleted and select "Delete" in the drop-down menu of the batch processing.