Table of contents
The version 3.0 of the connection to DHL enables you to use the same functions as the older interfaces to DHL Versenden and DHL Warenpost. DHL 3.0 is the successor of DHL Warenpost and DHL Versenden. What is new is that customs delivery to other EU countries is possible for you with DHL 3.0.
A general overview of the shipping methods and parcel labels that you can use in xentral can be found here.
DHL 3.0 brings you the following features:
- National and international shipping
- Returning the tracking number to possible stores
- Tracking the tracking number
- Indication of the product type for shipments to other EU countries
- Shipment to other EU countries with national parcel
- Customs delivery to other EU countries
- Use of the routing code
Connection of DHL to xentral
For a connection of DHL 3.0 to xentral you need your data from your additionally created account in the DHL business customer portal. In the following section you will find all the necessary information.
Settings in the DHL Business Customer Portal
In order to send parcels with DHL 3.0 via the DHL business customer portal, you have to create an additional account in that portal, which in turn will be stored later in xentral.
Note: You have to create an additional account to the main account, because the access data of the main account has to be changed regularly and therefore the interface configuration has to be adjusted each time. In the user's password you may only use * (asterisk) as a special character.
It is also important that you give the user all the rights shown or checked in the following screenshot:
Settings in xentral
To use DHL 3.0 as a shipping method in xentral, you must first create a new shipping method. To do this, create one under Administration → Settings → Shipping types → "+NEW"→ "DHL 3.0".
Enter the user name and password of the additionally created DHL account for the connection in the created shipping type in xentral. The interface also requires the 14-digit billing number from the DHL business customer portal:
Fill in the following fields:
- Designation → Specify the designation of the shipping method. This can be freely selected, but should not be duplicated in the system.
- Type → Specify the type of shipping method.
- Module → Select the module "DHL 3.0" from the drop-down menu.
- Project → Optionally, specify a project that is assigned to this shipping type.
- Active → By ticking the checkbox you activate the shipping type, make it visible and usable.
- No postage check → By checking this box, you deactivate the postage check in the order.
- Printer parcel label → Select the printer of the parcel label from the drop-down menu.
- Printer Export → Select the printer of the export documents from the drop-down menu.
- Shipping Mail → Select from the drop-down menu how and if the shipping mail will be sent.
- Username → Enter the username of the DHL account.
- Password → Enter the password of the DHL account.
- Billing number → Enter the 14-digit billing number from the DHL Business Customer Portal.
After you have entered the above data, enter the shipping address and various settings for transfer to DHL:
- Shipper Name → Enter the name of the shipper.
- Shipper Street → Enter the street of the shipper.
- Shipper City → Enter the city of the shipper.
- Shipper Postcode → Enter the zip code (zip code) of the shipper.
- Shipper Country → Enter the 2-digit ISO country code of the shipper, e.g. DE for Germany, AT for Austria.
- Shipper email → Enter the email address of the shipper.
- Default height → Enter the height of the package, which is reported to DHL by default, in cm.
- Standard width → Enter the width of the package, which is reported to DHL by default, in cm.
- Standard length → Enter the length of the package, which is reported to DHL by default, in cm.
- Export Product Type → For export deliveries abroad, information must be passed as to what type of product the goods are. For this purpose, select a type from the drop-down menu.
- Description in case of "Other" → If "Other" has been selected under "Export product type", enter here your own description for the export product type.
- Product → Enter the product type for this shipping method, e.g. parcel national, parcel international, DHL Warenpost 2.0 .
- Activate routing → Check the box to activate the routing for parcels. Without the routing code, DHL charges a surcharge for incorrect addresses/non-routed addresses.
- Accept tracking → By checking this box, the tracking number is automatically stored in xentral when a parcel label is created and no longer needs to be scanned from the parcel label.
Note: After feedback to DHL, an email will be sent to you directly from DHL, which will include tracking number details etc.
Parcel stamp printing
Once you have made all the settings as described above, you can test the parcel stamp printing in the shipping center or also in a single delivery bill. To do this, select the shipping method "DHL 3.0" from the drop-down menu in the delivery bill:
Click on the "Save" button before navigating to the package mark dialog.
Click on the "Parcel stamp" tab in the delivery bill and use "Print parcel mark" to print a parcel mark for the included items:
After your test print has been completed, you can cancel the parcel stamp in the DHL business customer portal. You can find information about this here.