Table of contents
The calendar in xentral provides an overview of important appointments. In addition, reminders can be set here and it is possible to be reminded of them by xentral.
Link appointments to addresses
Appointments can be linked to addresses and a main person in charge. Today's important appointments can be seen by each employee in his status/info box.
Appointment reminder by email
Appointments linked to employees (selection from employee list below) remind the employees via e-mail to the address entered in the master data per employee. The reminder goes to the employee shortly before the appointment via mail and browser message. If the appointment is entered in the calendar all day (without a special time), the reminder is sent at 00:00 before via email.
Link appointment with groups - group calendar
There is a possibility to create groups that can be selected and filtered for an appointment.
You can define these groups under Administration → Settings → Calendar Groups. Alternatively you can call the calendar groups directly via the URL, the URL must look like this:
In an appointment below the employees in the group calendar can then be selected.
In the sidebar of the calendar you can filter by this.
Thus, only the appointments that were marked with this group are displayed.
Note: Only employees who are also members of the calendar group can see the calendar group in the calendar.
Appointment invitation by email
After saving an appointment, it is possible to send an e-mail with the appointment information to the selected employees of the appointment. To do this, click on the "Invitation" button below.
The employees then receive an email:
Set calendar color for users
Each user can define his own color, which will be loaded automatically for new calendar entries.
The color can be defined under My Area → Home → My Settings.
The calendar color of an employee can also be set directly in the user (Administration → Settings → System → Users):
The calendar can be viewed on the Dashboard page, as well as via: My Area → Calendar
It is possible to create an appointment for a specific group or several people.
- Title → Appointment description
- Description → Description of the appointment
- Place → Place where the appointment takes place
- Appointment with → selection of the person with whom the appointment takes place
- Contact person → Selection of the contact person for this appointment
- Person in charge → Selection of the person in charge for this appointment.
- Project → If a project is selected, this appointment is only visible there
- Date → Date on which the appointment takes place
- All day → selection that the appointment is an all day appointment
- Reminder → selection that a reminder should be sent for this appointment
- From ... To → selection of the time from when to when the appointment takes place
- Color → Select the color with which the appointment should be marked in the calendar.
- Public → Selection that the appointment is publicly visible
- People → Selection of the people who are involved in this appointment.
- Group calendar → selection of the groups for this appointment
The appointment is created via the "save" button.
Subscribe ICS/ICAL for IOS
In the first step you have to go to the user settings under Administration → Settings → User and enter and save a password for the ICS calendar as follows. The ICS calendar must be activated!
- ICS Calendar → Set check mark
- ICS Calendar Password → Set new password
- Username → Username from Xentral will also become the new username.
- Copy URL under the password field, e.g. http://192.168.0.XX/meinefirma/www/index.php?module=kalender&action=ics
Then a calendar subscription is to be added via the calendar from the Mac in the settings via "Add account":
The next step is to add a new calendar subscription.
Then the URL can be copied into it.
In the last step, the user name from xentral (e.g.: "admin") and the previously assigned password must be entered.