Table of contents
You can use the self pickup shipping method if your customer picks up their package at your store and therefore it does not need to be shipped.
A general overview of the shipping methods and parcel labels that you can use in xentral can be found here.
In order to carry out the logistics process in xentral, you must make some settings beforehand. Prerequisite for the use is in any case that the shipping type has the module "self pickup".
Navigate to Administration → Settings → Shipping types → "+NEW"→ Self pickup or edit the already created shipping type via the "pencil" icon.
If you create a new shipping method, the following interface will appear. You can set it up like this, for example:
Fill in the following fields:
- Designation → Freely select a designation for the shipping method. This is displayed in xentral among others in the order for selection in the drop-down menu.
- Type → Specify the type/field description. You can generally choose this as long as it is not necessary for the store mapping or other mappings. Ideally, you should keep the default setting.
- Module → Select "Self-collector" from the drop-down menu.
- Project → Optionally select a project, provided that a separate self-pickup shipping type is created for each project.
- Active → Tick the checkbox to activate the shipping method and make it visible and usable.
- No postage check → By checking this box, no postage check will be performed in the order.
- Printer Parcel Label → Select from the drop-down menu the default printer that prints the parcel labels.
- Printer Export → Select from the drop-down menu the default printer that prints the export documents.
- Shipping Mail → From the drop-down menu, select the behavior of the shipping mail. "Default behavior" means that a standard tracking mail will be sent, "no shipping mail" means that no tracking mail will be sent for this shipping type and "custom text template" means that a custom shipping confirmation text template will be used for this shipping type, independent of the project and logistics process
- Text template → Select the text template from the drop-down menu. Here xentral differentiates e.g. between offer, order and invoice.
Finally, click the "Save" button at the bottom right.
In the logistics process, you can also send a pickup information instead of the tracking number to the customer at the packing table when completing the order with the "Package is ready franked" button. This pickup information is sent by email and corresponds to the business letter template with the type "Self pickup".
Self pickup email
To notify the customer that the package can be picked up locally, a self-pickup email must be sent. To successfully send this email, follow the steps below:
- Activate the self pickup e-mail in the project settings in the tab "Settings", sub tab "Logistics/Shipping" by checking the field "Self pickup email":
- Create a business letter template with type "Self-collector" for this project or a "Self-collector" template for all projects. The creation works via My Space → My Apps → Business Letter Templates:
Finally, click on the "Save" button at the bottom right.
Check if the customer's email address is present in the order and delivery bill.