Table of Contents
- My Google Calendar
- Two factor authentication
My space - Settings
Various module calls can be stored as a quick view via the Favorites app.
Favorites can be added via the star icon in the respective module. With the upcoming window it can be defined with which name the link should be displayed and whether the call should be made in a new tab.
Favorites can be edited via the gear icon on the home page. Favorites can also be added there. In addition, the path can also be customized by further "actions". The view to the favorites can take place over the module call "welcome" or over the click on below marked symbols "xentral" or "Home".
Also the setting can be changed here, whether the module call is executed via an own module.
In this section you can customize your xentral interface, edit your credentials or connect our apps and personal calendars to xentral.
Change the password of your user by entering a new password in the Password field and in the Repeat password field. The password must consist of at least 8 characters. The indicator bar next to the password field evaluates the complexity and thus the security of the password you have chosen. The "Change password" button will be activated if both passwords match. Pressing the "Change password" button changes the password.
Set a new profile picture for your user by pressing the Browse or Choose File button. A dialog for selecting an image on your computer will open. Select the desired image and confirm the file selection dialog. Use the Upload New Profile Image button to set the image as your new profile image.
In the Settings section you can make various settings to personalize your user account. Changed settings will be activated only by clicking the Save settings button.
With this setting you can define the page which should be displayed directly after logging in to xentral. For example, if you want the pinboard to be displayed immediately after logging in, enter: "index.php?module=welcome&action=pinboard" in the field.
Select the language from the xentral interface. By default, you can choose between German and English. If the language change is not immediately reflected in the interface, reload the page in the web browser. Additional languages can be set up with the Interface Translation module from our AppStore and customized as needed.
Own calendar color
Custom calendar colorChoose the color in which your calendar entries will be colored by default. To do this, click the tile next to the text. A dialog box opens for selecting the desired color.
Check this option if you want the chat window to open in a new browser tab instead of the current one.
A phone integrated via Placetel displays phone notifications directly in xentral. If you do not want this for your user, disable this option.
To access your company data with the xentral Mobile App, you need to enable API access. This is disabled by default for security reasons. To do this, click the "Activate access" button. You will then be shown a QR code that you can use to conveniently connect to the xentral Mobile App. If you want to deactivate access through the xentral Mobile App, click on the Deactivate Access button.
My Google Calendar
xentral can synchronize appointments between the internal calendar and a Google calendar. Before a Google calendar can be connected, an active API access to Google must be created. The setup is described under Setup Google API).
Google account / G-Mail address
User name of the Google account (typically this is a Google email address / GMail address).
Configured API access for xentral in Google. If there is more than one option to choose from or if there is no selection, the configured Google API connections should be checked.
Here, the entire synchronization of the Google account's calendars can be temporarily disabled. If the checkmark is not set, only the xentral-side synchronization function is switched off. If authorization has already been performed before, it will remain. In this case, the synchronization of the calendars can be continued immediately when the checkmark is set again.
Google Calendar API Authorization
In order for xentral to retrieve the Google events, access to the Google account must be authorized for xentral.
- Enter Google email address
- Select Google API
- Click Authorize
- It will redirect to the Google approval screen. If you have not yet logged in to Google in the current browser, please log in with a Google account now.
- after that please confirm that xentral is allowed to access Google Calendar.
- now you will be redirected back to xentral. You will see a message stating whether the authorization was successful or not.
- by clicking on Import appointments you import all Google appointments of the last week and the next 3 weeks for the first time. This step must be performed at least once after authorization.
Clicking "Disconnect" removes xentral's authorization to access the Google Account. Synchronization can then no longer take place until authorization is granted again.
- Small import → Every time the xentral calendar is reloaded, the changed, added and deleted appointments since the last synchronization are imported.
- Large import → A process launcher regularly performs a large import where all events of the last week and the next 3 weeks are imported. How often this import is performed depends on the settings of the process starter (default setting: every night at 00:00).
- By clicking on Import appointments, a large import can be started manually.
Notes on import and export behavior
- The following information of a Google Event is imported: Title, Organizer, Attendee, Time, Location, Color, Visibility, Description.
- xentral tries to map all participants to users (= employees) or addresses during import.
- A user / employee can only be linked …
- ... if this user uses the Google Calendar synchronization itself
- ... or if the Google email address is stored in the address of the user
- ... or if the Google email address is stored in the address of the user under "More contact info" as "Google email", "Google account", or "Google calendar".
- An external contact (=customer or similar) can only be linked…
- ... if the e-mail address from the appointment is found in addresses
- ... or if the e-mail address from the appointment is found under "More contact info" as "Google e-mail", "Google account", or "Google calendar".
- ... or if the email address from the appointment is found in the contacts of an address (e.g. a company).
- When an appointment is created in xentral, it is synced to Google immediately after saving and Google sends appointment invitations to all participants.
- Appointment series from Google are split into individual independent appointments during import.
- An appointment imported from Google by one user cannot be modified by another user in xentral.
Two factor authentication
xentral allows every user to login via two-factor authentication. For this purpose, the TOTP algorithm (Time-based One-time Password) is used.
The button "Turn on TOTP" creates a QR code, which can then be scanned with Google Authenticator or any other TOTP app. The app will then show a password or code that must be entered when logging into xentral in order for the user to log in.
From then on, the user always logs in with two-factor authentication, i.e. username, password and a code generated in the app each time. The code is only valid for a few seconds.