Please note: Depending on your country and on your selected xentral package, the availability of modules and features differs - thus, the features described in this article might not be part of the xentral product you are using.
Table of contents
In Xentral, invoices can be created and edited in this module. This module is particularly relevant as soon as invoices are created.
All invoices are listed in the overview. You can distinguish between invoices, invoices that have not been sent and invoices that are being processed. In addition, it is possible to filter according to various criteria, both via the filters and via the table itself. The batch processing function allows actions to be performed for several invoices at the same time.
An invoice can have the following statuses:
- The invoice is in process, has been created but not yet released. The invoice does not yet have a number in the number range, but is still in draft mode
- Released → The invoice was released
- Sent → The invoice was sent via the "send" action
- Cancelled → The invoice was continued as a credit note. Also partially canceled invoices (partial credit note) are displayed as canceled
If an invoice is cancelled, the payment status remains open. So that this invoice is not dragged into the dunning run, the invoice has to be marked as a credit/cancellation invoice.
This changes the status to "cancelled" while the payment status remains open. Now, navigate to the Dunning module (Accounting → Dunning) and click on the "Recalculate dunning" button.
The status of the invoice remains cancelled, the payment status changes to "paid".
If an invoice has been canceled (= continue as credit/reverse invoice), it receives the document status "cancelled". This cancellation can be cancelled: Remove the link between the invoice and the credit memo (cancellation invoice) → in the Remove the invoice number in the credit/reversal invoice + save in the invoice. make the status change via "Action".
An invoice can also have the following payment statuses:
- Open → Payment still outstanding in full
- Partially paid → The invoice has not yet been paid in full, either due to a missing payment or a partial credit note
- Paid → The payment has been made in full. The customer has paid the complete amount or the invoice has been completely cancelled/credited. If a customer receives a partial credit for an invoice and pays the remaining amount, the invoice is also set to "paid"
Actions for several invoices can be carried out at the same time using the can be executed.
It is possible to select several invoices and perform one of the following actions to perform:
- Mark as paid
- Mark as open
- Send by mail
- Mark as shipped
- Collection PDF
- Print (printer can be selected)
A new invoice can be created in two ways. On the one hand documents can be be continued as an invoice via the action menu and on the other hand via the button "+NEW" button.
If a new invoice is created or if the edit icon is clicked in an existing invoice the detail view of the invoice appears. All important information of the invoices is stored here.
In this tab, apart from the items, all the important information for the invoice is listed.
- Customer → Specify the customer to whom the invoice will be sent
- Project → Selection of a project to which the invoice can be assigned
- Promotion code → Specification of a promotion code, if available
- Status → Is filled in by Xentral (e.g. released, sent,...)
- Order → Specify an order if it is to be linked to the invoice
- Customer number → Specify the customer/supplier's number
- Your order number → Specify the order number
- Internal designation → Specification of an internal designation for the invoice
- Delivery date → Date on which the delivery is made
- Delivery bill → Linking of a delivery bill with the invoice
- Date → Date of invoice
- Invoice copy → Specification that an invoice copy is to be created
- Write protection → Specify that write protection is to be activated. Afterwards, the details can no longer be edited
- Receipt → Indication that a receipt is to be created
- Set all settings manually → Select the expert mode, here all settings can be set manually
- Payment status → Selection of the payment status
- Paid on → Indication when the invoice was paid
- Cash discount given → Here you can set the amount of money, that has been set as a cash discount. Via the gray plus the total invoice amount will be is taken over
- Dunning level → Dunning level selection
- Dunning date → Selection of the date on which the dunning letter is sent.
- Lock → Activation of the lock
- Remark → Specification of a remark for the reminder
Master Data After specifying the customer under "General" Xentral automatically fills in the information from the master data. These can be supplemented or changed. More information about the master data information can be found here.
Free text Here you can create a text that will appear on the invoice.
Header text A text can be created here that will subsequently appear as header text on the invoice.
- Payment method → Selection of the payment method (e.g. Invoice, Paypal, credit card,...)
- Delivery condition → Selection of the delivery condition that was previously created in Xentral
- Distribution → Assigns a distribution to the invoice
- Processor → Assigns a processor to the invoice
- No stationery and logo → Indication that neither stationery nor logo is to be used
- Hide article texts → Specify that article texts are to be hidden
- GLN → Specification of the Global Location Number
- Payment term (in days) → Specification of the payment term of the invoice in days
- Payment term discount (in days) → Indication of the payment term of the cash discount in days
- Cash discount → Indication of the amount of the cash discount
Internal remark Place for internal remarks. These do not appear later on the invoice.
- UST ID → Indication of the sales tax ID
- Taxation → Specification of taxation (e.g. domestic, export)
- Without reference for EU or export → Indication that no reference is to be made for EU or export.
- Letter ordered → Indication that the letter was ordered
- Letter received → Indication that the letter has been received
- Letter received on → Indication of the date on which the letter was received is
- Display tax → Select how the tax should be displayed. (automatic, net, gross)
- Currency → Invoice currency
- Language → Invoice language
- Exchange rate → The current exchange rate can be retrieved in the app "Currency Conversion" app from the European Central Bank
- Cost center → Specify the cost center that was previously created in Xentral was created
Under this tab, the individual items of the invoice can be inserted. Here you can also insert a special field, create an invoice template and a voucher. Give a discount in % on all positions and manually search for or create new items.
Note: The function Discount in % on all positions is an extra app, which always applies the discount to all items and does not consider the setting "no discount allowed".
The preview tab shows a preview of the later invoice. It is possible to print or download the preview.
Under this tab an overview appears in which the most important information of the invoice are displayed. Here you can see the customer and the order number as well as the status and the project can be seen. The documents appear in the table and can be edited here or opened as a PDF file can be opened. Furthermore, the protocol also shows the most important information about the payment and the billing address. On the right side in the protocol information about the items, the payment receipt, all transactions of this invoice, the dunning process, the PDF archive and the contribution margin.
Note: Matching of invoices in the incoming payments is performed based on criteria such as the invoice number, Internet number, transaction number or even the amount.
Under this tab, files can be newly created for the invoice. With several files, it is possible to create a ZIP file and open a collective PDF file.
If there are partial payments for this invoice, these can be specified under the tab partial invoice. Under Designation a freely selectable name for this partial payment and then assign it to an order via the magnifying glass symbol under "Belongs to order".