Please note: Depending on your country and on your selected xentral package, the availability of modules and features differs - thus, the features described in this article might not be part of the xentral product you are using.
Table of contents
The "Groups" module can be used to group together various interest groups, e.g. the addresses of retailers for the allocation of group-specific prices, payment prices, payment conditions or customer groups.
In Xentral there are the following features:
- Creation of price groups for automatic discounting of articles
- Price groups, in combination with online stores, allow the control of the prices to be transferred
- Creation of groups of persons, regions and representatives to consolidate of different addresses under one group
A new group is created via the "+NEW" button.
- Designation → Freely selectable group name
- Identifier → Additional field to uniquely identify the group (e.g. for an import, etc.). Numbers and letters are possible here, but no Special characters and spaces
- Internal comment → Info field for internal purposes. But only appears in the group overview
- Type → Select between group and price group. "Normal" groups are used for evaluations (filter in addresses / sales) or for creating sales price group-specific prices for articles. Price groups can be used for a general percentage discount or for different payment dates
- Project → Optional restriction at project level
- Category → Serves only as information for filtering within the group overview
Normal groups (type = groups) are mainly used as filters and for group-specific prices. The following is a list of the most important interfaces in which groups can be filtered:
- Master data → Addresses → Filter icon
- Master data → Addresses → Address filter
- Master data → Item → Select item → Sale/Purchase
- Controlling → Sales statistics → Groups
- Controlling → Statistics → Articles → Groups
- Controlling → Reports (as part of an SQL statement)
If the "Price groups" type is selected when creating a group, the following additional fields will appear:
- Basic discount → Discount in %. This will be stored for addresses with this group in the directly in the discount column for addresses with this group as soon as an item is inserted in the document items. is inserted in the document items
- Payment target days → Changes the payment target days field in the documents
- Cash discount → Changes the cash discount field in the documents
- Discount days → Changes the discount days field in the vouchers
- Postage free active → See FAQ
To delete groups permanently, this group must not have any addresses with the role of member of the group.
In the "Members" tab there is a complete list of all group members. Here you can filter by the corresponding group and use the pencil icon to jump to the corresponding address → roles tab. Address → Roles tab.
The X icon can be used to delete the role for the group in each address:
Note: Roles of former groups must also be deleted (To date is in the past).
When a document is created for an address that is in a price group, a note appears in the document.
When inserting the items, the discount column is automatically filled with the percentage discount stored in the price group.
The percentage discount will be displayed as an extra column on the document:
If an address is a member of a price group and also has a customer- or group-specific price in the article, the specific price will be used in the items and the discount of the price group is also filled in the discount column.
A guide to specific prices can be found here.
Groups can be assigned via the address in the groups and roles tab as well as via the import.
Address / Group tab Here you can select all groups with a checkmark to which the corresponding address is to be assigned.
Each checkmark immediately creates an entry in the "Roles" address tab. If a tick is set, the address is marked as a "member" of the corresponding group, where the current date serves as the start date. Similarly, the date on which a checkmark was removed is used as the end date of the group membership.
Address / Roles tab The date can also vary here, e.g. to represent e.g. show historical group relations. For this purpose, in the first step create a new role with the corresponding group. Afterwards the date can be Edit button to adjust the date.
Import template Via Master data → Import/Export center → Master data import you can also assign addresses to groups.
Note: Until version 21.1 it's via Management → Import/Export center → Master data import.
Detailed instructions can be found here: https://xentral.com/helpdesk/kurzanleitung-import-von-stammdaten#nav-gruppen
If special conditions are to be used for individual group members with regard to the payment date, discount and postage are to be used for individual group members, these can be entered in the address in Details → Payment conditions.