- Acceted RMA items
- Generate credit for selected items
- Print new package stamp
- Cancellation + Stock item
- Replace defective item
- Return module
This article describes how to use the RMA as well as the Returns module in xentral and how to record package acceptances in xentral. It is important to know that unlike the returns module, the RMA module is more or less managed and offers significantly fewer options. The RMA module recognizes a customer's delivery receipt as an RMA, enables an overview as well as the creation of a credit. The returns module, on the other hand, maps all options such as replacement deliveries and document creation.
Administration → RMA deliveries
Accepted RMA items
You can view accepted RMA items directly in the address. Navigate to Master data → Address. Click on the "pencil" icon in the menu column next to the desired address, click on the "Items" tab and then on the "RMA" sub-tab:
Ideally, the incoming merchandise should be received and distributed in one step. To do this, navigate to the module "Incoming merchandise package acceptance" and click on the arrow icon to access the individual package. Via the package acceptance you can accept customer returns for orders. The prerequisite is that an item is taken back that was previously sent to the customer via an order/delivery note.
Steps 1 and 2 of the small package acceptances include the customer as well as the associated item:
- First, select the customer
- Then assign the item
These steps are identical for every merchandise receipt, regardless of whether the items are from a customer or merchandise deliveries from a supplier. Step 1 and 2 are identical with the small package acceptance. You can find the description here.
For step 2 you can see all delivered items to this customer in the module "Incoming merchandise package acceptance" → tab "Package acceptance" → sub-tab "Unannounced returns" in an address via the "arrow" icon. Enter the quantity that was returned in the empty field in the action column and then click "Assign":
Returned items are not directly stored by you, but assigned to the customer address with a "return reason".
Select one of these possible return reasons from the drop-down menu that appears after you have assigned a quantity to an item:
- 14 day return policy
- Return shipment
- Defective and immediately send new item
- Wrong item delivered
Finally, click on "Save".
The processing of returns with the "large merchandise acceptance" takes place as described above, but this is divided into the two steps "acceptance" and "distribution".
RMA Further processing
Under Administration → RMA Delivery you can create a return entry for each package. To do this, navigate to an address using the "arrow" icon and select the desired packages by checking them:
Select from the various options for RMA shipments from the drop-down menu:
- Credit for selected items
- Arrange free replacement delivery
- Return selected items
- send selected items for internal repair
- return selected items back for repair
- set selected items to closed
- set selected items to open
After you select the option by clicking on it, click the "Run" button.
There is also the option to directly stock items from an RMA shipment in the popup above.
This occurs for these two reasons:
- If a standard shelf is stored for the article, it will be pre-filled.
- If no standard shelf is stored, the shelf with the highest stock is pre-filled.
Using the "Execute" button at the bottom you create a credit, if you have checked the option that the items will be stored in the corresponding shelf.
Create credit for selected items
If you have previously selected the "Credit" option from the drop-down menu, you will receive to the following pop-up after marking the appropriate items for credit:
Enter the following information for credit:
- Internal comment → Enter an internal comment about the credit to be created.
- for customer (free text) → enter any text that will appear on the credit memo
By clicking on "Execute" you create a credit for the selected items. You will then get to the credit mask, which you fill out accordingly. You can find more information about this here.
If your package could not be delivered, but is not damaged, you can immediately print a new package stamp. To do this, navigate to the overview via Warehouse → Delivery bill → Search address (customer number). Select an individual address via the "pencil" icon, navigate to the "Package stamp" tab and click on the "Print package stamp" button.
Note: The connection to the package stamp software must be active.
The tracking number is stored directly in the log (Details → Log) of the delivery note:
Cancellation + Stock item
If the customer exercises the 14-day return policy or if the merchandise (or part of the merchandise) is returned, then perform the following steps:
- Inspect and stock items (directly via Items → Warehouse or Warehouse → Stock/Remove from stock → Stock).
- Cancel invoice / continue as credit (Accounting → Invoice → "Cross" icon in the menu column).
- Send credit to the customer, via the drop-down menu "Action", select "Send".
Exchange defective article
Defective items can be replaced in two ways:
- Free reshipment
- Creation of a new order, cancellation of the original order
Create a free delivery
The easiest option is to create a free delivery (without invoice). The original invoice and delivery note will not be cancelled.
Proceed as follows:
- Copy order, via Sales → Order → in the menu column
- Edit positions if necessary
- Select the following option in the order: "Create delivery note only" or: optionally all amounts ithe positions can be set to 0 EUR, then the creation of an invoice is prevented
- Release order
- Send order (if necessary, transfer it to the shipping center)
Create a new order
Another option is to cancel the old order, invoice and delivery note. A completely new order will be created:
- Sale → Order → "Pencil" icon in the menu column → in the menu column
- Release order
- Post any incoming payments already received to the new order
- Submit (if necessary, transfer to shipping center)
The original documents will be canceled:
- Continue invoice as credit / create cancellation invoice if necessary
- Cancel order and delivery note if necessary
You also have the option to put the item back into stock after the repair, e.g. with a separate item number or as a stock item. Alternatively, you can create a "Free order" (see above) with this new item number.
Note: Separate article numbers, e.g. "100001 RMA article" (→ check mark "stock item"), can be used for returns. You can change the description for each order. In this way, it is also possible that you record additionally shipped material of the customer. This item will never conflict with the original item number. This also prevents you from accidentally sending a new item.
With the returns module (Warehouse → Returns) it is possible to create a return from the documents (order, delivery note, invoice). Compared to the previous RMA module, no primary merchandise receipt has to take place to create a return entry in the system. Instead, returns are always entered as such in the system first and then posted per merchandise receipt document. This also has the advantage that you can transmit a transport label/return bill for the return shipment for the customer in advance. You can read more about how to create returns in the returns module here. You can also define templates for return reasons in the "Return reasons" module, which you can then select from the drop-down menu.