Table of Contents
- Special functions
- Taking inventory (step by step guide)
This article explains how the mapping and execution of the inventory is possible in xentral and which special functions xentral offers for this purpose.
An overview of all documented warehouses can be viewed via Warehouse → Warehouse management → "Inventory" tab. By clicking on the "Arrow" button in the menu column, an overview of all items located in the selected warehouse on the first warehouse level will subsequently appear in the "Inventory" sub-tab. Only quantities greater than zero are displayed.
In this inventory list, the actually existing quantities can now be entered in the field in the "Inventory" column. The values entered are automatically saved, but do not yet cause any inventory change. Only the intermediate results are saved in this list. Intermediate stock changes, due to delivery or dispatch, are not taken into account in the intermediate storage. It is therefore necessary to suspend operation for this warehouse for a short time until the inventory is completed. Changes can be entered and saved again during ongoing operation.
In the "Inventory" tab, various special functions can be carried out in the "Special functions" subtab.
With a click on the first appearing button "" and then a click on "Ok" in the appearing field further special functions become visible.
These special functions are available:
Load inventory from stock
This special function calculates the current target stock for this warehouse and can be used when only a few changes are expected or need to be made.
This special function offers the following advantages:
- short inventory intervals
- very cleanly maintained stock levels
To do this, click on the button "Load inventory now from stock" in the "Special functions" subtab and then click on "Ok" in the field that appears.
This will cause xentral to automatically populate the inventory column in the Inventory subtab with the current inventory level.
Reset inventory (complete)
This special function resets all stored values, i.e. it deletes all entered values. It can be useful in the following cases:
- The inventory is to be completely restarted
- The period between the start of the inventory and the planned closing has become too long, there have been too many changes that need to be added.
To use this function, click the "Reset inventory (completely)" button in the "Special functions" subtab and then click "Ok" in the field that appears.
After that, the entire inventory column in the "Inventory" sub-tab is cleaned up. The overview is as follows with the information that the inventory has been reset:
Taking inventory (step by step guide)
The following is a step-by-step explanation of how to perform inventory in xentral.
Enter and save inventory changes
First of all, the stock changes that have occurred in the warehouse must be entered and saved.
To do this, proceed as follows:
- The actual stock levels are to be counted per shelf and entered in the "Inventory" column in the "Inventory" sub-tab.
- The colored markings of the individual articles have different meanings:
- red → This article has not yet been counted, i.e. the current stock would be retained here when the inventory is completed
- black → The item has been counted, i.e. the actual stock is the same as the target stock.
- blue → The article was counted, but the actual stock deviates from the target stock.
Closing the inventory and posting stock levels (stock change)
After entering the inventory change, complete the inventory and post the current stock levels.
To do this, proceed as follows:
- Select the "Closing" sub-tab.
- Then click on the "Adjust main stock now" button. Note: this step makes changes to the stock levels that can no longer be reset.
- When the message that appears at the top of the screen appears, click on the "Ok" button, and the stock will be adjusted with the inventory and date information.
Create inventory document
After the inventory closing process described in the previous point has been completed, documents for the inventory can be created. After completion, xentral automatically jumps to document generation. Alternatively, the following procedure can be followed:
Inventory documents are automatically generated for each individual warehouse during inventory. These documents are listed under Warehouse → Inventory → Details → Inventory
listed. A newly created document is in the status "Processing", and not yet released. The document can be deleted if necessary, but this does not undo the inventory change made to the item stocks.
- If there is any additional information to be entered, it must be entered and the document must then be released by clicking the "Release" button.
- The action "Close inventory" saves the document permanently and freezes it
Inventure entry (example)
Here, an Inventure entry is demonstrated as an example.
The following path is to be used for this: Master data → Articles, in the respective article click on the "pen" icon and in the overview of the individual article click on the tab "Stock".
In the "Stock movements" table, you can see the entries that have arisen as a result of the inventory. This entry is created automatically during the "Adjust inventory" in the "Closing" tab, see above for more details.
Inventory without prices
If the inventory is to be displayed without prices in the document, then from version 19.3 there is an additional option for this. This is to be selected in the module "Inventory", which can be found via Warehouse → Inventory:
If this option is checked and the "Save" button is clicked, the inventory document that can be viewed in the "Preview" subtab will look like this: