Please note: Depending on your country and on your selected xentral package, the availability of modules and features differs - thus, the features described in this article might not be part of the xentral product you are using.
Table of contents
With the "Check" module, it is possible to settle credit memos via a check. and print it using a template with the values from the credit notes. To print the checks the Layout templates module is required.
Administration → Settings → Accounting → Payment methods
A new payment method "Check" is to be created via "+NEW". To do this, select the "Custom" field in the payment method overview. Enter "Check" as the name and "Check" as the type.
After clicking on the "Save" button, the payment method check will appear also in the overview.
In order for the credit note to appear in the "Check" app, the "Check" payment method must be selected in the credit note, and then click on the "Save" button.
After all the necessary data for the credit note have been entered, click on the "Release" button.
Under App Center → Layout Templates, create a layout template with category check. Instructions including the template can be found here: Create layout template for checks.
The variables in the braces are dynamically filled with the customer data.
Note: If the variables for the written-out amounts do not appear, this is due to the respective PHP version. This needs an update to display the variables for the written-out amounts correctly.
In the "Check" app, all checks can be viewed in the overview.
In the tab "Open checks" all open credit notes with the payment method "Check" are displayed. In the menu column on the far right, you can jump to the respective credit memo by clicking on the respective credit note. The "PDF" icon, on the other hand, offers the possibility to display the credit note as PDF.
The credit notes that are to be printed are to be checked. With a click on the button "Start collective print or mark as printed" they can be printed.
Various fields can be used at the bottom of the page:
- Mark all → By ticking, all open checks are marked in the overview
- Account → From the drop-down menu, select the business account from which the amount of the check is to be debited
- Layout template selection → Select the layout template that was created for the check here
- Printer → The printer that is to print the checks is to be selected from the drop-down menu
In the "Archive" sub-tab, you can view checks that have already been printed and search for them using the "Search" field at the top right.
The following information is mapped in the interface:
- Processor → The person who merged the checks in a collective printout is indicated
- Date Time → The date and time of the respective collective printout is indicated
- Number → The number shows the number of checks that were printed by the processor in the collective printing printed
- Menu → With the "PDF" icon, the checks can be viewed in a collective PDF. With the "Cross" icon, the checks can be resolved. Thereby the credit notes are returned to the "open checks" interface
The "Invoices" tab shows an overview of all invoices for which the payment method "Check" has been specified.
These can be specified via filters:
- Only paid → By ticking, only invoices already paid by the customer are displayed
- only unpaid → By ticking, only invoices not paid by the customer are displayed
In the menu column, by clicking on the "arrow" icon, the invoice can be viewed which will open in a new browser tab. With a click on the "PDF" icon the invoice will be displayed in the PDF preview.
The "Payables" tab shows an overview of all payables, for which the payment method "Check" has been selected.
These can be specified via filters:
- Only paid → By ticking, only liabilities already paid by the customer are displayed
- Only unpaid → By ticking, only liabilities not paid by the customer are displayed
In the menu column, the liability can be viewed by clicking on the "arrow" icon can be viewed in an additional opening browser tab. With a click on the "PDF" icon, the liability is displayed as a PDF file.