Table of Contents
- Clarification cases
- Multi-Order-Picking with picking totes/boxes
Multi-Order-Picking (MOP) is a procedure in the picking process where identical items of different orders are picked together from the warehouse. Since identical items are usually located in the same warehouse, the work of picking and shipping can be accelerated and made more efficient. MOP forms the basis for route optimization during picking.
There are various settings to be made for this module.
Settings in the project
To use multi-order picking, orders must be assigned to a project set up as follows:
These settings are to be made via the "Settings" tab and the "Logistics/Shipping" tab:
- Picking method → Select "Simple stock accounting + scan in shipping center" from the drop-down menu.
- Hide storage bin on delivery bill → If this setting is activated, storage bins in this project will no longer be displayed on the delivery bill, even for picking procedures with "Delivery bill with storage bin.
Group picking run by delivery bills → If the box is checked, the table in the selected picking run is divided among the different delivery bills.
- Picking run with multi-order picking → The box has to be checked
- Picking slip sorting → The desired sorting is to be selected from the drop-down menu
- Deactivate auto shipping as default → If auto shipping is to be deactivated as a default setting, the checkbox is to be set here
- Printer level (picking) → Select the desired level, e.g. to print the delivery bill.
- Printer level (shipping) → Select the desired level to print the documents at the shipping station.
- Delivery note position: Labels → If desired, the check mark can be set
- Delivery note position: Label printer → A label printer should have been connected beforehand and this should then be selected from the drop-down menu
- Delivery bill position: Label type → Select "MPL" as the multi-order delivery bill label type.
- Delivery note position: Label sorting → The desired label sorting must be selected from the drop-down menu.
Under Administration → Settings → Label the following label settings are to be made for the module:
The following information must be set:
- Name → The name "MPL" must be entered.
- XML → The XML structure is used to set the format and appearance of the label.
- Remark → It is possible to enter additional remarks.
- Use as → From the drop-down menu "MultiOrder Picking delivery bill" has to be selected.
Settings in the module
The following settings can be made in the "Settings" tab:
- Create partial order → If a picker can pick too few articles, a partial order is created.
- Mobile view → By checking the box, a mobile view for the respective order can be displayed in the overview.
- Use crate number → If crate numbers are to be used instead of delivery note numbers, the check mark must be set
- Scan crates → By setting the checkmark, the crate labels will be generated instead of delivery note labels
- Skip crate confirmation → By checking the box, no confirmation of the crates will be displayed
- BOM items are evaluated like stock items → If BOM items are to be evaluated like stock items, the checkmark must be set here
- Print crate number on delivery note label → If the crate number is to appear on the delivery note label, this box must be checked
- Sort by storage bin rows → By checking this box, the orders will be sorted by storage bin rows
- Scan delivery bill after each item → If the delivery bill is to be scanned after each item when picking in the warehouse, the checkbox must be set
- Ignore clearing cases from other picks → If the check mark is set, no storage bins are suggested that have been reported as empty by other pickers
- Continue picking after problem cases → If the box is checked, picking will also continue after problem cases.
- Hide label printing → By checking the box, no label printing is possible for the open orders in the picking on the interface
Way optimized picking
For route-optimized picking or MOP, the settings "Sort by storage bin rows" AND "Scan delivery bill after each item" must be checked at the same time:
Mobile view (Bootstrap)
In the MOP module (Warehouse → Multiorder picking), in the "Settings" tab, it is possible to specify whether multi-order picking should be used via a mobile interface (differentiated by "Bootstrap") and how to deal with insufficient item quantities.
By clicking on the arrow icon of the respective order in the overview, the mobile view of the respective order is displayed:
Different labels can be created for multi-order picking:
- Multi-Order Picking Article
- Multi-Order-Picking delivery note
- Multi-Order Picking Separator
In the "Multi-Order-Picking" module, different labels can be printed in the overview by clicking on the "Barcode" icon:
The central starting point is Auto Shipping (Sales → Order), in which the orders are collected and transferred to multi-order picking as delivery bills once they have been started.
Subsequently, the delivery bills can be found under Warehouse → Multi-Order Picking in the following overview of the picking runs:
Via the arrow icon you can go to the respective picking run. There the first step is the setup of the picking run. By pressing the button "continue" the setup is continued.
The delivery note number should be shown on the labels in the form of a barcode. It would be conceivable to stick the label directly on the shipping carton and to create an error-free assignment by entering the individual delivery note items and the corresponding entry of the delivery note number as follows. Here, the article number and the quantity of the delivery note item are posted first.
If only a partial quantity of the article has been picked, the difference can either be added to the clarification list or processed further in the form of a partial order. Subsequently, the delivery note number is counter-posted to complete the assignment.
As soon as the picking run is done by counter-posting the last delivery bill, xentral jumps to package mark printing.
In the "Clarification cases" tab, the picking runs are listed in which not the entire item quantity has been picked.
Here, the person responsible can view all clarification cases and carry out the same by clicking on the button "Correction".
Multi-Order-Picking with picking totes/boxes
In the "Settings" tab, the use of the crate number instead of the delivery note number can be activated and the crate labels can be generated instead of the delivery note labels.
The following checkmarks must be set:
- Use crate number → If crate numbers are to be used instead of delivery note numbers, the check mark must be set.
- Scan crates → By setting the checkmark, the crate labels will be generated instead of the delivery note labels
Overview of runs
In the minidetail of the respective run, you will find the box number to be used for picking.
Box number on delivery note label
As soon as the labels are generated via the "Print all" button, the box number is found on the labels in the following position:
Capture the box number
The boxes must be labeled with a consecutive box number. The crate number must be represented in the following form: WAWISION_X
Now it is possible to post the withdrawn articles against the crate number instead of the delivery bill.